In SMT processing, SMT components and plug-in components are commonly used components. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Do you know the difference between them?
1. Both SMD components and plug-in components are power-type devices, which require high heat dissipation. The performance of plug-in components is higher than that of SMT components, which can keep the product's performance stable and lasting.
2. The failure rate of the plug-in components is low, which is conducive to inspection, can intuitively feedback out of the defects, and does not need to use special equipment and instruments.
3. The plug-in component has strong anti-vibration ability, and it can maintain the stability of the products better than the SMT component in the face of high-frequency, high-amplitude vibration and bump.
4. The volume of the SMT component is only 1/10 of the traditional plug-in component. Generally, after SMT processing, the volume of electronic products can be reduced by 40% to 60%.
5. The weight of the SMT component is only 10% of the traditional plug-in component. Generally, after SMT processing, the weight of the product is reduced by 60% to 80%.
6. SMT components are easy to automate, improve production efficiency, save materials, equipment, manpower, time, etc., and reduce costs by 30% to 50%.
7. SMT components have good high-frequency characteristics, which can reduce electromagnetic and radio frequency interference.
8. The solder joint defect rate of SMT components is low.
In summary, it can be seen that the advantages of SMT components and plug-in components are different. It is more important for customers to select suitable components for processing according to their product attributes.
HOYOGO is an international, professional and reliable PCB manufacturer. We not only have our own factory, but also have many years of experience in SMT processing. We can provide you with SMT processing services and accept customer’s materials for processing and OEM processing.